Naijamotions

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nigerian best forum for sharing, discussions and learning.

Welcome to NaijaMotions!      Feel free to explore our forum and make your contributions. Thanks
Naijamotions is looking for moderators, send PM to naijamotions for details. Thanks

2 posters

Ngige declares for Anambra state governorship Race

osaz
    osaz

Ngige declares for Anambra state governorship Race Empty Ngige declares for Anambra state governorship Race

Post by osaz Wed May 08, 2013 3:27 pm

Ngige declares for Anambra state governorship Race Ngige10
    Former governor of Anambra State, Senator Chris Ngige, yesterday, declared his intention to run for the 2014 governorship election in the state.

Senator Ngige made the declaration in Awka on the occasion of Rainbow Coalition stakeholders’ meeting of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) members, All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), All Nigerian Peoples Party (ANPP), and Democratic People’s Party (DPP).

Speaking on the occasion, convener of the meeting and coordinator of Rainbow Coalition, Chief Ben Oranusi, explained that after due investigations and understanding of the personalities aspiring for the 2014 gubernatorial election, they found that Ngige was the person good enough and better experienced to take up the task of piloting the affairs of Anambra State.

Oranusi said: “We are urging him to come and contest this election and continue from where he stopped. We have been holding this meeting for months now and now is the time to call him up and say ‘go for us and become our governor again.’”

Former lawmaker in the House of representatives for Anambra East and West Federal Constituency Chief Ralph Okeke, later moved a motion for Senator Ngige to contest 2014 gubernatorial election.

The motion was seconded by Ezike Nwosu, an APGA member from Ezinifite Aguata in Anambra South and supported by Chidi Abasilim of Idemili South and Paul Obianaso who do not belong to any political party.

Speaking on the occasion, Ngige said: “While I was there as governor, I worked with about N80 billion as total budget and executed about N69 billion and if we go by this data and figure, you will discover that the four budget which I prosecuted I had about N150 billion, including the Internally Generated Revenue.

“Yet we delivered services and built roads and lifted the embargo on employments and promotion which the then governor placed while in office.

“But when you compare my administration with that of the incumbent, Governor Peter Obi, you will see the difference.

“He had received N1.2 trillion in total as allocation from Federal Account and about N800 billion as local government allocation which makes it up to roughly N2 trillion in the last seven years, yet we have nothing to show for it.

“I wish to ask, what do we have in Anambra State in terms of infrastructure to show for the N2 trillion received by the governor?

“Even if you allow for inflation by doubling the N150 billion to N300 billion, does the situation in Anambra State justify the huge resources that has come into the state since then?”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/ngige-declares-governorship-ambition-in-anambra/
    De Gud
    De Gud

Ngige declares for Anambra state governorship Race Empty Re: Ngige declares for Anambra state governorship Race

Post by De Gud Wed May 08, 2013 4:47 pm

He wnt to come for another ternor!

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:08 pm